Competitions » JEE Main -2016 » Eligibility for appearing in JEE Main 2013
Eligibility for appearing in JEE(Main) 2013
- Top 20 Percentile in Class XII
- Score in JEE Main Test
- score in JEE Advanced Test
Students who will appear in the Top 20 percentile of their respective XII board exam will be deemed qualified for IITs. Students have to score following State-wise percentage to be eligible for IITJEE test:
- Less than 50%: Meghalaya & Nagaland.
- 50% - 60%: Assam, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jharkhand, Mizoram, Orissa, Tripura, Uttarakhand, West Bengal.
- 60% - 70% : Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, National Open School.
- 70% - 80%: CBSE, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu.
- Above 80% : Andhra Pradesh.
- For JEE MAIN 2013, candidates who passed 2 exam in 2011 or2012 or appearing in 2013 are only eligible to appear. Candidates are allowed maximum of 3 consecutive attempts.
Date of Birth
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1983 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
Year of Passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2010 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2014 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2013. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/other Qualifying Examinations in 2010, did not pass in 2010, but passed in 2011 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2013.
Number of Attempts
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be Limited to 03 (three).